Sorry

Your browser is not currently supported by this site. Try one of these instead:

4-10 photo 2

Unit History

"Arrowhead, Strike"

Mission
Textbox

HHC ATCalt text HHC 4-10alt text B CO 4-10 US Army Student Detachmentalt text 17th Military Police Detachment 282nd US Army Bandalt text

4-10TH INF REGT LINEAGE

4th Battalion, 10th Infantry Regiment Lineage

Constituted 3 March 1855 in the Regular Army as Company D, 10th Infantry. Organized in June 1855 at Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania. Consolidated 25 July 1869 with Company D, 26th Infantry (see ANNEX), and consolidated unit designated as Company D, 10th Infantry (10th Infantry assigned 5 July 1918 to the 14th Division; relieved in February 1919 from assignment to the 14th Division; assigned 24 March 1923 to the 5th Division [later redesignated as the 5th Infantry Division])

Inactivated 31 October 1929 at Fort Thomas, KY

Activated 1 October 1933 at Fort Hayes, Ohio

Inactivated 20 September 1946 at Camp Campbell, KY

Activated 15 July 1947 at Fort Jackson, SC

Inactivated 30 April 1950 at Fort Jackson, SC

Activated 1 March 1951 at Indiantown Gap Military Reservation, PA

Inactivated 1 September 1953 at Indiantown Gap Military Reservation, PA

Activated 25 May 1954 in Germany

Inactivated 1 June 1957 at Fort Ord, CA, and relieved from assignment to the 5th Infantry Division; concurrently redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Battle Group, 10th Infantry

Activated 19 February 1962 in the Panama Canal Zone (organic elements concurrently constituted and activated)

Reorganized and redesignated 1 October 1962 as the 4th Battalion, 10th Infantry, and assigned to the 193d Infantry Brigade

Inactivated 1 October 1983 in Panama and relieved from assignment to the 193d Infantry Brigade

Headquarters transferred 4 June 1987 to the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command and activated at Fort Leonardwood, MO

Inactivated 15 April 1996 at Fort Leonardwood, MO

Redesignated 1 October 2005 as the 4th Battalion, 10th Infantry Regiment

Activated 26 January 2009 at Fort Jackson, SC

ANNEX, CAMPAIGNS, DECORATIONS,

ANNEX

Constituted 3 May 1861 in the Regular Army as Company D, 2d Battalion, 17th Infantry

Organized in October 1864 at Fort Preble, Maine

Reorganized and redesignated 16 December 1866 as Company D, 26th Infantry

Consolidated 25 July 1869 with Company D, 10th Infantry, and consolidated unit designated as Company D, 10th Infantry

4th Battalion, 10th Infantry Regiment Honors

CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT

Civil War: Peninsula; Manassas; Antietam; Fredericksburg; *Chancellorsville; *Gettysburg; *Wilderness; *Spotsylvania; *Cold Harbor; *Petersburg; New Mexico 1862; Virginia 1862; *Virginia 1863

Indian Wars: Comanches;*Apaches

War with Spain: *Santiago

Philippine Insurrection: *Streamer w/o inscription

World War II: *Normandy; *Northern France; *Rhineland; *Ardennes-Alsace; *Central Europe

DECORATIONS

*French Croix de Guerre with Palm, World War II for MOSELLE RIVER