Your browser is not currently supported by this site. Try one of these instead:

AG Shield

Personnel Services / Processing

"Serving People Is Our Business"

5450 Strom Thurmond Blvd, Room 200, Fort Jackson, SC 29207

ID Card Customer Service Desk
(803) 751-7731
DSN 734-7731

Days open:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30pm

Click here for:

ID Card Requirements

Acceptable forms of Proof of Identification

Make an Appointment

ID Card Office Appointment Only System

ERB/ORB & In/Out Processing Customer Service Desk
(803) 751-7673
DSN 734-7673

Days open:
Monday - Friday
Hours: 7:30 am - 5:00pm

Phone Numbers

Work Center Supervisor
(803) 751-2753
DSN 734-2753

ID Cards Supervisor
(803) 751-6024
DSN 734-6024

Adjutant General Division (AGD)



ID Cards: Frequently Asked Questions


The Personnel Services Processing Work Center of officer and enlisted personnel records, customer service, In-Out processing, and ID cards for all military personnel assigned or attached to Fort Jackson and its tenant organizations.

Areas of Responsibility Include:

  1. Officer & Enlisted Records Review / Update

    Officers and Enlisted personnel may review/update their records anytime during normal duty hours from 0730-1630. Prior to visiting the Personnel/Services Processing Work Center (PSPWC), the Soldier should view their records online through their AKO account for accuracy. If an update is required, the service member must obtain and bring all necessary documentations with them to the PSPWC in order for the information to be annotated on the ORB/ERB. All documents for filing in the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) must be forwarded by the PSPWC via FedEx for the officers and via the digital sender for the enlisted personnel.

  2. Casualty Document Review / Update (SGLV / DD Form 93)

    All casualty documents are updated in the Electronic Military Personnel Office (eMILPO). If the service member is adding or deleting an authorized dependent, they must first report to room 200, Customer Service Section to update DEERS. It takes approximately 48 hours after updating DEERS before you can update eMILPO.

  3. In-Out Processing and Installation Clearance

    1. In Processing:
      a. Required documents: Military Personnel File (MPF), Leave Form (DA 31) and
      copy of orders
      b. Input Soldiers arrival to the installation
      c. Update DD Form 93 (Record of Emergency Data) and SGLV 8286
      d. Stamp orders with arrival information and gaining Brigade
      e. Set up Finance appointment
      f. Initiate in-processing checklist to be turned into gaining unit once completed
      g. Print out current copy of ERB
      h. Inprocessing Sponsorship survey:
      Individuals will require a copy of the PCS orders in order to complete the survey. The survey takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.

Effective immediately, all incoming permanent party Soldiers that report after normal duty hours are to report to the IHG Army Hotel, Fort Jackson Inn, located at 7550 Benning Road to sign in to Fort Jackson. To in-process Fort Jackson, all permanent party Soldiers are to report to Room 200, 5450 Strom Thurmond Boulevard, during the hours of operation of 0730-1700, Monday thru Friday. (NOTE: The in-processing office is closed on Federal holidays.)

If additional information is needed, there are two information centers (maps) at the intersection of Semmes Road and Marion Avenue or in Patriot Park in front of the Solomon Center.

2.  Out Processing:  

a. Soldiers can pick up initial installation clearance papers 10 days prior to start of leave.
b. Obtain copy of Soldiers PCS/ETS/RET orders and Leave Form (DA 31)
c. Input Soldiers information (if not already in the system for pre-clearing)
d. Print out installation clearance papers
e. Highlight agencies Soldier need to clear
f. Obtain Soldiers MPF prior to his/her final out processing date
g. Soldier will complete his final out processing and pick up his MPF the day prior to the start of his/her leave.
h. Have Soldier sign for his/her MPF in the out processing log book
i. Make copies of all required documents for Soldier, one for their unit, one for transition point (if applicable) and maintain the original for our files.
j. Outprocessing Sponsorship survey:
Individuals will require a copy of the PCS orders in order to complete the survey. The survey takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.

  1. Married Army Couples Program Enrollment

    Provisions of this section apply to RA soldiers married to members of the RA, other U.S. military services, or Reserve Components. Soldiers married to civilians are not included. Married Army couples desiring joint assignment to establish a common household (joint domicile (JD) must request such assignment by enrolling in the MACP. Application for enrollment must be submitted not later than 30 days from the date of marriage. Marriage must be valid per AR 614-200 Chapter 5 Section 4. Action based on intended marriage will not be considered even as an exception to policy. Only one Soldier needs to request enrollment in the MACP when both Soldiers are serviced by the same HRC/HRD. Signatures of both Soldiers are required; otherwise both must apply.

  2. Name Change Requests

    Primary reference is AR 600-8-104 Chapter 6. Forms used are DA Forms 2475-2, 4087, DD Form 4 Series 93, SSA Form 5, SSA Form OAAN-7003, VA Form 29-8286, and Un-number Post Card (SSA). Request for change of name of birth data as recorded on official Army records must be initiated by a signed request to the commander. Authority for approval is delegated to the immediate commander or an appropriate designee. Minor changes involving spelling, correction of transposed names, or the addition or deletion of “Jr.,” “Sr., “III,” or a middle name, may be accomplished on the individual’s signed application, without documentation.

  3. DA Centralized Promotion Board Actions

    Eligible officers may review their records online prior to the board by accessing by board file (MBF) ICON at

    Eligible noncommissioned officers may review their records online prior to the board by logging on to the EREC website at, click on the Indianapolis (EREC) and then click on promotion file. Once in the promotion file, click on promotion ERB and follow the instructions.

  4. Statement of Service Requests

    When a Statement of Service is required, the service member should contact the Personnel/Services Processing Work Center, Customer Service Section at (803) 751-7673.

  5. Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP)

    All Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) are conducted at Directorate of Plans, Training and Mobilization (DPTM) building 2129, Sumter Street. For further information you may contact the Personnel/Services Processing Work Center at (803) 751-5720.