The Student Detachment Cadre would like to once again congratulate you on being selected for your funded education program! We welcome you all and hope that your experience with us is just as rewarding as your academic endeavors.
Access is authorized for portal in-process no earlier than 10 days prior to the first day of class and recommended no later than 10 days after report date.
Please go to the following link to in-process: https://ako.tkeportal.army.mil/sites/USASD/default.aspx
Quick Tip: Please review PCS and TDY orders in it's entirely for accuracy prior to departing losing permanent duty location.
- Log in using AKO username and password
- Then follow on screen directions to request access to the site
- You will receive an email granting you access within 72 hours
Before you submit your in processing packet, ensure that you have the following documents available for your reference:
- PCS movement orders
- PCS movement order amendments, revocations, diversions or deletions
- DD Form 93 Record of Emergency Data
- SGLV 8286 Service Member's Group Life Insurance Election and Certificate
- PCS DA 31 Leave Form (required for cost and no cost movements)
- TLA Lodging Authorization Memorandum (overseas moves only)
- TLE Statement of Non-Availability (if applicable)
- Zero Balance Lodging Receipt (TLA or TLE claims only)
- Lease Agreement (overseas PCS only)
- Receipts for travel expenses that exceed $74.99
- Government Travel Card Number
- Weight Tickets (DITY claims only)
- Gas Receipts (DITY claims only)
- Vehicle Rental Agreement (DITY claims only)
- Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) receipt.
Be prepared for forward all of the above requested documentation with your in-processing packet upon completion.
POC for in-processing packets:
You will receive an email acknowledgment receipt from one of our in-processing clerks within 24 hours of receipt of your packet.
The FAO position is currently unfilled. Please see the Contact page to locate the appropriate person for your requested action.
FAO PROJECT MANAGER (OERs) / BAH WAIVERS/ OCONUS SECRETARIAL WAIVERS/ YMCA FITNESS MEMBERSHIP REQUEST/ STUDENT TRAVEL/ REFRACTIVE EYE SURGERY/ ADOPTION REIMBURESMENT/ CLOTHING ALLOWANCE
- Average Turn Around Time for Travel Payments is 4 weeks. Travel Payments include Dislocation Allowance (DLA), Travel Per Diem, and Mileage Allowance.
- Average Turn Around Time for Temporary Lodging Expence (TLE) is 4 weeks.
- Average Turn Around Time for Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) is 2 weeks. Unlike other travel entitlements, TLA is not a payment independent of your regular pay allowances. TLA will reflect on your LES and will pay out with either your mid month or end of month pay.
Average Turn Around Time for Do It Yourself (DITY) movement payment is 6 weeks.
Gas and Rental Equipment Reimbursement: When you settle your DITY, you will not receive a dollar for dollar reimbursement for your gas and rental equipment reimbursement. The gas and rental receipts will be used to decrease the amount of taxable income from your DITY payment.
Military Pay Allowances
For more information regarding to PCS entitlements visit the Per Diem, Travel Allowances, and Transporation Committee Website listed in our Helpful Links.
DD93 and SGLV 8286
PLEASE FILL OUT THE UPDATED SGLV ON THE DOWNLOADS SIDE OF THIS WEBPAGE, LABELED "SGLV 8286".
You MUST update your DD93 and SGLV forms when you in-process and at least once a year for the duration of your tenure with the Student Detachment.
Annual Updates for your DD93/SGLV will be coordinated with the Ft. Jackson Officer or Enlisted Records office. They will send you a reminder email 30 days prior to the required review date of your forms.
Copies of your most recent DD93/SGLV elections can be found on your OMPF. It takes up to 5 business days for changes/updates to reflect on your OMPF.
Leave and Passes
- All Leaves and Passes MUST be processed through the USASD while you are assigned. Visit the "Leaves and Passes" section of this website for more information.